Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tax Time!!!!

I know, I am weird, but I love doing my taxes. I especially love getting a huge refund because of the tax bracket we're in at this point in our lives, and of course our little tax deduction, Taylor. And next year, we'll have two! Have you seen that commercial with the three presidents(they are pretty creepy) talking to the couple with the baby about getting a tax refund to help them buy diapers? It's pretty funny when Ben Franklin, or whoever he is supposed to be, says "I think your little tax deduction needs a new diaper" and then they back away and look terrified. Yeah, that is a pretty funny commercial. Anyway, I heard that the IRS is giving advice to people on how to get a bigger refund this year. You know things are bad when the IRS wants to give you more money. I know a lot of people are intimidated by the thought of doing their own taxes, and I might be too, if we had a house and all that other stuff you have to think about when you are filling out the forms. But I have found a wonderful website that basically helps you do everything. Try it, you won't regret it, and you can do it for free! Or if you so choose, pay a small fee and you can get more help. It's called taxact.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

I LOVE your new background! See - you are NOT computer retarded! Way to go! :)

Taryn said...

Okay, you're just not normal!! You enjoy doing your taxes?!? That's just wrong. hee hee I need to get mine started. I'm on a 1099 so its extra steps and no refund for me. I always pay. Yuck! Oh and by the way, I too like your new background. Its super cute!