3 weeks ago
Friday, July 18, 2008
We have bed bugs. Yep, I hate admitting it, it's really embarrassing, but it's true. The reason I'm putting it on here is because I'm wondering if anybody has had this problem before, and if so, how did you take care of it and get rid of them? I think we brought them back from California, so hopefully it's not too bad yet, but it's gross and I'm horrified that it happened. Plus, they love me. I have had quite a few bites and Justin has not had one. How does this happen when you sleep in the same bed? It doesn't seem logical, but there it is. Blah!!!! I can't believe this is happening, it makes me itch just thinking about it.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
1. My family, of course. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and a beautiful, hilarious son. They both constantly make me happy to be alive.
2. My family. I love my loud, crazy family. I love that when I visit home, I have to practically yell to be heard. I love that they would do anything for me, especially my mom and dad.
3. Feeling the Spirit. I haven't been feeling this so much lately, it's kind of hard when you are chasing a two year old down the aisle in church.
1. That I will forget how to sing. It's been so long since I've been in a group or anything, that I am so scared I will lose my one and only talent. I've been fretting about this for a while, and Justin says he wants me to start trying out for musicals again when he is done with school. He'll be able to watch Taylor.
2. Spooky stuff. I hate being scared, but at the same time, it's a bit of a thrill. But I do not want to be scared of the almost 100 year old house I am moving into before I actually move in. Some people are making that a little hard. Davin, Josh, and Dave to name a few.
3. That I will not be able to control my children. Taylor is such a handful, that I kind of worry that he will always be that way, and that any subsequent children will be as well. It terrifies me that I will be a bad mommy.
1. To get back into singing, and never stop ever again.
2. To finish school.
3. To have a gospel oriented family.
1. As you can see by my previous post, the Twilight Series. I love those books.
2. Blogging is quickly becoming one.
3. Anything Cars, oh wait, that's Taylor's. No, right now it's "So You Think You Can Dance" awesome show, I can't miss it.
1. I'm really not that surprising, what you see is what you get, for the most part.
2. I kind of want to be an esthetician, I've been thinking about it a lot lately.
3. I can't think of anything else. Sorry.
Now tag, you're it, Kristin Sokol, Bonnie Riley, Sherilyn Morgan, Laura Lewis, and Ariane Mardis.
Here are the rules: Post these rules on your blog. Answer these 15 questions about yourself on your blog. List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, and 3 random/surprising facts. Tag 5 peopls at the end of your blog by listing their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I love Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. There, I said it. They are the best books I have read in a long time, and I will read them over and over again until I just can't anymore.(but I'm betting that will not happen). I am so excited for the fourth book to come out, and yes, even for the movie. Even if it is not entirely true to the book, I will not care, I'm sure I will be completely entertained, and that is really all I want when I go see a movie. I will be in Oregon for a family reunion when Breaking Dawn comes out, and I am still going to go to the release party at Barnes and Noble. Oh, and I love her new book "The Host". It is just as awesome, albeit a little harder to read, as all her other books. Who knew that an obscure little Mormon mommy from Arizona and who graduated from BYU, could write such amazingly popular and wonderful books. She's my hero. Anyway, anyone who hasn't read them or even heard of them, or has heard of them and is just thinking about reading them, just do it. Find out if all the hype is true. Here's a link to her webpage, check it out. www.stepheniemeyer.com
Saturday, July 12, 2008
This is at a roommate get-together/bridal shower for Robyn that we had on Friday night. It was so awesome to see everyone and their kids and significant others. These girls got me through so much while I was single. I'm so glad that we have not lost touch. Well, completely. We tend to wait too long in between our get-togethers, which is really sad, but we still find the time eventually. I hope that we always keep in touch, I just wish we all lived a bit closer to each other. Anyway, I love this group!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I'm so excited, Taylor has basically given up his binky all by himself. He won't suck on two of the ones we still have cause they are orthodontic and he doesn't like them. We lost one, and he's almost chewed the tip off the last one. He's been going to sleep without it for a couple of nights now and hasn't needed it, I guess, at the babysitter's. It's so nice to not have to frantically search for one so that he will calm down. I was going to gradually wean him off of it when he turns two, but now we're 2 months to that day, and I won't even have to worry about it. Hopefully he won't decide that he needs it when we move, since moving seems to be such a traumatic experience for him, well, at least it was in the past. Anyway, whoo-hoo, no more binky, Taylor is done all by himself. He's growing up fast, now we just have to deal with the terrible two's, which began a couple of months ago, by the way. Do any of you listen to Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband? His first album coincided with me starting college a million years ago. Well, on that album he has a song called "2 year old attitude" and I've been thinking about that song a lot lately. It describes Taylor to a "T". I can't remember the words at the moment, but maybe I can get the song on here soon. Those of you with 2 year olds or have had one in the past will totally relate, I guarantee it.
Monday, July 7, 2008
This is "our" new house. Well, new to us anyway. We are renting it for an unbelievable price, especially since it is a house and has a double garage and a YARD!!! I'm so excited to move in. Less than two weeks! Hope ya'll will come and visit. And our next move will definitely be into a house that we will own, not rent, I guarantee that.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
It's official, we are moving out of Justin's mom's house and into a house of our own. Well, at least for now, we'll just consider it our own. We are renting a little house in Fruit Heights for around $500 a month! Now tell me that that's not a great deal, cause it is! We can't find an apartment around here with a garage and a yard for that cheap. I'm so ecstatic that we have this opportunity! It kind of just popped up out of the blue one day. A girl at work and her husband are buying a townhouse(yeah, I'm a little jealous, but you can't have everything), so they are moving out of this house that they've been renting since they got married. Well, things just kind of happened and now we are moving in on July 19th! It will be so nice to have our own space again. It's tiny, but we don't need much room for the 3 of us, at least right now. So, it's pretty perfect for us, and I am looking forward to a couple of weeks from now. I'll post pictures of it when I can take some.