Friday, July 18, 2008

Yuck!!!

We have bed bugs. Yep, I hate admitting it, it's really embarrassing, but it's true. The reason I'm putting it on here is because I'm wondering if anybody has had this problem before, and if so, how did you take care of it and get rid of them? I think we brought them back from California, so hopefully it's not too bad yet, but it's gross and I'm horrified that it happened. Plus, they love me. I have had quite a few bites and Justin has not had one. How does this happen when you sleep in the same bed? It doesn't seem logical, but there it is. Blah!!!! I can't believe this is happening, it makes me itch just thinking about it.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I have never had bed bugs, but for what i understand, it is common in these parts. I talked to someone who had them, and they narrowed it down and figured out which furniture they were in, and threw it out. I really don't know of any other way to solve the problem. I'd check online for other solutions... Sorry...

DAViN said...

i'll help!
all you have to do is cover your entire bed with vassalene, that should suffocate them. but you have to leave the vassalene on for at least 2 weeks. now if that doesn't work, get like 10 dogs (witch shouldn't be too difficult for you guys) and have them all sleep with you on the bed for a good month, the bed bugs should jump onto the dogs and leave your bed... i think.

Misty Moncur said...

How do you know if you have bedbugs?

Lex-a-roo said...

Oh, MAN, that's terrible what a pain! So I broke out my textbook to make sure I'm passing on the right information. You can kill the bugs on your clothing by putting it in the dryer... but if it's in your mattress you might have to get a new one.
You can get this cream called permethrin (or lice arrest) it will kill whatever might be on your person.
Best of luck!