Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bye Bye Binky

I'm so excited, Taylor has basically given up his binky all by himself. He won't suck on two of the ones we still have cause they are orthodontic and he doesn't like them. We lost one, and he's almost chewed the tip off the last one. He's been going to sleep without it for a couple of nights now and hasn't needed it, I guess, at the babysitter's. It's so nice to not have to frantically search for one so that he will calm down. I was going to gradually wean him off of it when he turns two, but now we're 2 months to that day, and I won't even have to worry about it. Hopefully he won't decide that he needs it when we move, since moving seems to be such a traumatic experience for him, well, at least it was in the past. Anyway, whoo-hoo, no more binky, Taylor is done all by himself. He's growing up fast, now we just have to deal with the terrible two's, which began a couple of months ago, by the way. Do any of you listen to Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband? His first album coincided with me starting college a million years ago. Well, on that album he has a song called "2 year old attitude" and I've been thinking about that song a lot lately. It describes Taylor to a "T". I can't remember the words at the moment, but maybe I can get the song on here soon. Those of you with 2 year olds or have had one in the past will totally relate, I guarantee it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one with a terrible non two year old. I have been blaming it on teething and relating it to PMS, comes and goes, but when it's here you know. I also tell myself that kids are just growing up faster than they used to... who knows...

The Lewis' said...

Hallie's terrible two's were nothing compared to the four-and-five-year-old back talking. She talks to us like we're the kids and she's the parent. "Mom! I said to get me a drink NOW, 1,2,3...!", as the puts her hand on her hip and counts with her fingers. I'm a little scared for the TEEN YEARS!

Heidi Gail Richhart said...

This is Heidi Richhart- I just wanted to say that i love the blog. Anyhow pls check out mine @ www.heidithesweetheart.blogspot.com
and please leave me some comments.