Sunday, November 23, 2008

A sad day

My Grandpa Dave, my mother's father, passed away this morning after a very long battle with Emphysema and COPD. I'm really going to miss him, he was such a wonderful man and I am better for knowing him. But I know that he is now free from the pain and suffering of his frail body and probably so much happier to be with his family who has gone before him. It is so wonderful to know that I will see him again, it makes this all so much easier to deal with. I can't imagine what life would be like if I didn't know that. It would be unbearable and incredibly depressing, I am sure. It was hard not living in the same state as any of my Grandparents, but I am so thankful for the times I was able to spend with them and get to know them. Anyway, it's been a very emotional day and now I need to figure out how I'm going to work going to Oregon for the funeral on Friday.
This is a picture of my Grandpa Dave and my Grandma Faye when they were sealed in the temple almost ten years ago. 
This is my Grandpa and my Grandma Polly, my maternal Grandmother. She passed away when I was about 5 weeks old of Pneumonia, so I never really knew her. I am looking forward to being able to someday now that my mom and her siblings are all sealed together with their dad and mom. Aren't both of my Grandmas just gorgeous? I'm lucky that I have 3 grandmas.

4 comments:

Kristin Sokol said...

So sorry Steffer. You look twins with your granny. I bet she watches you all the time. What a sweet reunion you'llhave with her one day.

Taryn said...

My love goes out to you. You have such a wonderful out look on life. I agree that we are blessed with the knowledge that there is never a goodbye, just a "see you later."

Misty Moncur said...

I'm so sorry, too. But isn't it so nice when you know they don't have to struggle anymore?

whitney williams said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa :( I hope you are able to make it to Oregon for his funeral. I had a scare with my grandpa this summer, but he's still with us for a while longer. At least he isn't suffering any more.