Friday, September 26, 2008

Closet Case

A couple of Saturdays ago when Taylor wasn't feeling well, we put him down for a nap. Well, he took his time, as always, getting to sleep, and when he was finally quiet, I went to check on him. Well, imagine my surprise when I couldn't find him! He wasn't in his bed where I expected him to be, or behind the door, where he likes to hide when I come in to make sure he is in bed. Well, I decided to open the closet, just to check, you know. It was the only other likely place he might be, and there he was. Fast asleep on the floor in his closet, with the door shut. I guess he fell asleep while he was waiting for me to find out if he was calming down. Well, he spent the remainder of his nap in there, of course I left the door open, so that he could get air. But it was easy to tell when he woke up because we could hear the closet door open and shut a whole bunch of times. And then the next day, when I was putting him down, he didn't want to take a nap so I made him a bed in the closet, and that is where he slept again. Silly kid, they always find the weirdest places to fall asleep.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it. Good ol' taylor

Lincoln and Alisia said...

oh my gosh that is so cute!

Misty Moncur said...

I always tell my kids I am coming back to check on them, but I always hope they fall asleep before I get back.

Rachel said...

That's so funny! And tag your it.

Carrie and Jeff said...

Benson always falls asleep by the door too. That is a cute picture.