Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Terrible Two's

So far what people say is true, it starts way before their 2nd birthday, we'll see if it goes beyond. It's not all terrible, though, toddlers can be pretty funny. We had Taylor's 2nd Birthday party on Saturday, the 30th, cause that was his birthday, yeah. It was a pretty crazy day, and a funny story. We went to the zoo in the morning with some family and friends. We were supposed to meet there at 10, but Taylor decided to throw up all over himself on the way there. So with trying to find a place to buy him a new outfit, cause we didn't bring any extra clothes(I had no idea that would happen). And trying to clean up the car, we didn't end up getting there until 11. And Taylor was fine, he didn't act sick or throw up again, so we stayed and enjoyed ourselves. We rented him a wagon, and let me tell you, he stayed in that a lot more than he will stay in a stroller. A wagon would be a good investment for anyone with toddlers, hopefully we'll get one soon. Anyway, the reason I don't have any pictures of the zoo, is because we figured out the batteries were dead in both our cameras. So, when we got to the zoo, I bought some from the gift shop. The camera worked for about a half hour, then all the sudden in the alligator house, it went black. It won't take anything but black fuzzy pictures now. I guess I have to get a new camera. So, the pictures we have are from the party, and my dad took them. So enjoy! I'll post more as I get them.

Taylor is spoiled. The large present in front is from his Aunt Shannon. It was a cute toddler bed, that he loves!

This is how Taylor opened the majority of his presents. Dumped them upside down. He thought that was very fun! My dad thinks I look exasperated in this picture. What do you think?

Amelie getting the present that fell out of the bag.

This is what Taylor did when all the presents were opened. Yes, my kid has a lot of fun with wrappings. Who cares about presents!

See, Rachel, your kid isn't the only one who likes to put things on her head:)


And this is Taylor blowing out his candles. Yes, he actually did it. Granted, there was a lot of spit dribbling down onto his cake. His poor Uncle Stephen actually put his hand under his mouth to catch it. That was pretty funny.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yea! I am so sad I missed the party but the pictures are great! I am glad to see that Lucy is not the only helmet head in the group. Also... is that THE birthday bag? Good to see that it hasn't stopped it's circulation. :) I get into town tonight. Let's play this weekend.

Unknown said...

big family, happy family!


cheers,


TOODLER BED

Kristin Sokol said...

Wow, how many rolls of wrapping paper did that big present take? Looks ike a fun party.

Seriously...TIVO. Just get one from Ebay, be sure it says it comes with the lifetime membership. SOme do and some don't. It'll be the best thing you've ever done.