Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Toddlers, food, and puppies

Don't mix. Inevitably the dogs will get the food. I don't know why, but toddlers love to feed them. They would rather throw everything on the ground in order to see them scramble all over the floor to get every last morsel. Unless it's a banana, the dog will not touch it. Or it ends up in the dogs fur where said dog cannot get to it. Justin wants a dog when we finally get a house, and I don't know if I can allow that to happen. The poor thing would end up fat and useless due to Taylor throwing food to it. Vulture dogs drive me crazy, I would lock it up in the bedroom or outside every time Taylor was eating, which seems pretty mean, as he is always eating. Ah, but I love my kid, he is pretty hilarious even without talking. I'm pretty sure when that happens, I will be laughing my head off all the time. Right now his words are limited to dog(of course), ball, juice, please(sometimes), and a few other ones I can't quite understand. Banana came out like bababa, or something like that. Right now he's sitting behind me with a handi-snacks breadsticks and cheese smearing the cheese all over his high chair tray. Now you know why he doesn't sit at the table yet. A tray is much easier to clean up, you can stick it in the sink or dishwasher. Everyday is an adventure right now. I don't mind being a mom at all.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Hey Steph!

Now we're bloggin buddies too. :) Your baby is so adorable! Seriously, what a cute cute little boy! You seem like a great mom.

I'm with you though, I'd have a hard time adding a dog to the mix!

Lex-a-roo said...

I like the term 'Vulture dog.' That's so true, they are like vultures sometimes.
It sounds like you guys are doing well.

Lincoln and Alisia said...

SO i just found your blog from Rachel Coplin's blog. Loved the puppies and toddlers post! Good to catch up on you guys! Taylor is getting So big!

Krista said...

Hey Steph,

Did you know Ingrid Michaelson is coming back to SLC? This will be her 3rd time this year! She'll be here Saturday June 28th at 7pm at The Avalon. I totally want to go! Maybe I'll see you there!