Thursday, April 17, 2008

Babysitter

We have had it so good the past 19 months, as I am now realizing. Misti(Justin's sister) has been watching Taylor ever since he was born, no questions asked. Well, I found out last week that our dream is over. She is, albeit reluctantly, quitting. We now have to find a new babysitter and, gasp, pay for it. I don't think that anybody else we know will watch him free of charge. Not to mention we don't have anybody close to us that stays home. All my family lives down south and all Justin's family, besides Misti, works. I'm so depressed. And Misti is sad too. She is quitting because her oldest child is going on a mission at the end of the summer. So of course she wants to spend time with her family before that happens, and unfortunately, missions are expensive. So when the summer is over she is finding a job to help support her family. But she really loves watching Taylor, so when she told me she was crying and that made me cry of course. So, if anybody knows someone who lives around Layton and watches kids. And doesn't charge an exorbitant amount, let us know. We could use some suggestions. And while I'm at it, Justin needs a new job, cause we're not gonna be able to afford it unless we have more money. And he's almost done with school, so if anybody knows of places that need a Graphic Designer, preferably that will pay more than $20 an hour (I want to stay home!!!), please let us know of that too. This is so hard, I don't want to have to do this, but it's gonna happen whether I like it or not. So, yeah, I'm stressed out right now. Sometimes having kids is so hard! But it's worth it!!

3 comments:

Ariane Mardis said...

hey I just saw that backcountry.com is hiring a graphic artist.. check it out

Unknown said...

It'll all work out. Things always do. We just have to stress about them awhile, have some faith and let things fall into place. I hope they fall into place for you soon, so the stressing part doesn't last long. Taylor is a cute little man, I doubt you'll have a hard time finding someone to spend the days with him.

Christian and Melissa said...

Hey Stephanie! I just saw that you have a blog on facebook! I just love the blog world! We're actually sad because we have to stop taking Anders to his babysitter that he LOVES. We decided to go with her because she would allow us to only take him part-time and charge us part-time. Every other person we talked to was still going to charge us Full-time. We pay $4 an hour. I think she had one of the lower full-time prices too. She does it from her home, so it's very personal. She has about 5 or 6 other kids that seem to get along really well. If you want her info, let me know! It's fun to see ya on here!