Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sewing Lessons

I recently made an adorable skirt for my daughter, no pattern, no idea how to make it. But I did it! And it turned out very cute. I should probably take some pictures of it to document it. I also made one for a friend's daughter for her birthday. I'm trying to teach myself how to sew, and besides never having any time because my kids really don't like me to have that luxury;), it's a lot easier than I thought it would be. I made some pajama pants for my husband with a pattern, and let me tell you, they are not so easy to read. My mom and sister helped me quite a bit. And then when I went to make the same pants for myself, I promptly forgot what in the world I was doing. I might need my help from the fam again, hint hint. Anyway, on the skirt, I've been wanting to add tulle underneath, and I found this beautiful skirt. I will definitely be attempting this soon. I really hope I can figure it out. Also came across this cute blog. It amazes me how creative and crafty people are. I really want this talent for myself. Ah well, maybe someday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just keep doping what you're doing. Practice makes perfect!