Thursday, August 21, 2008

We've now been back from my family reunion for more than two weeks, and I'm finally getting some pictures on here. Unfortunately, I suck at remembering to take pictures. So, I don't have really any from the actual reunion, but we did take some when we drove up to Crater Lake. This is seriously the coolest lake I've ever seen in person. It was formed when a volcano collapsed in on itself a bajillion years ago. Over time the rain water and runoff from the snow pack made it this gorgeous lake. The water is so clear and blue, and apparently so pure you can drink it without doing anything to it. Sadly, we didn't go down to the lake, the hike down to it is on the other side from where we were, and it's quite a long and steep hike, or so I've heard. One day... Anyway, it's also the deepest or second deepest lake in America, I think, and the 4th deepest in the world. Really cool. Everyone should go see it at least once in their lifetime.
Me and Taylor
Justin and Taylor
Taylor in the center of a very old tree.
The lake in all it's glory. The island is called Wizard Island and there are boat tours to it. Nice.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! You guys look great too. I'm glad you had a fun time.

Becky said...

I've so been there! It is so pretty there, I love it!

Misty Moncur said...

That is so pretty! I'm jealous; we never go anywhere. Read about my latest adventure to Burley Idaho. Woohoo. (That's a sarcastic woohoo). You're family is so cute!

Kristin Sokol said...

You are as beautiful as you always were. Oh and the lake is pretty too.